Opened in March 1905, Crossley Hospital East began life as a tuberculosis sanatorium and remained so for the first half of the twentieth century. From the 1960s onwards Crossley Hospital East would operate as a care home for the elderly, and also spend a brief period as a psychiatric hospital in the 1980s. Crossley Hospital East lived out it's final years as a boarding school. The hospital doors were closed for the final time in 1991.
Up until the Summer of 2006, Crossley Hospital East had lay abandoned on a 66 acre site on the edge of Delamere Forest in Cheshire. The redevelopment of the hospital into residential facilities is due to begin in Autumn 2006.
The purpose of this website is to create a photographic and historical eulogy to the downfall of Crossley Hospital East as it begins a new chapter in it's life.
Daniel Clark - 2006